Lancaster General Health Massage Therapist in Lancaster, United States
Lancaster General Hospital
7274 Integrative Modalities
Job DescriptionJob Description
Job Title:Massage Therapist-Temporary
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Temporary casual position for at least one year , 0.1 8 hours per two weeks to cover multiple outpatient sites and Women and Babies Hospital working hours between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm with some weekends and no holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE at http://www.lghealthjobs.org/Home/Career-Opportunities.aspx .
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Massage Therapist .The Massage Therapist performs massage therapy and bodywork treatments to patients and clients. Massage Therapists apply a system of structured touch, pressure, movement, holding and treatment of the soft tissue manifestations of the human body while the primary intent is to enhance the health and well-being of the patient. This includes lymphatic techniques, myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and the use of electromechanical devices which mimic or enhance the action of the massage techniques. Provides education and information to clients, coworkers, employer and community groups on the benefits of massage and other holistic modalities. These services are provided through out Lancaster General Health.
Greet patients and or visitors, in a friendly warm manner.
● Instructs new patients in completion of medical history and information forms, if necessary.
● Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client.
● Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
● Effectively communicates and explains procedures appropriate to patient/client needs and preferences.
● Practices appropriate massage techniques. Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
● Maintains patient records and patient satisfaction in accordance with Lancaster General Health’s standards and protocols.
● Maintains therapy room cleanliness and all supplies and equipment for massage therapy. Participates in marketing and community events as requested. Participates with in-service activities for patients, physicians and related hospital departments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
● High school diploma/GED
● Completed massage therapy education
● Licensed by the state of Pennsylvania
● Complete the required continuing education hours by the massage therapy board of Pennsylvania
At least 2 years of experience performing massage.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, at http://lancastergeneralhealth.org/LGH/ a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), at https://www.pennmedicine.org/ is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare) . Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region . Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare.
A four time designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals in 2015-16 in three specialties. It is also one of only seven hospitals in the country with all of the following distinctions:
5 Star Rating on Medicare.gov Hospital Compare
Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals 2017 at https://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/pennsylvania-pa/lancaster-general-hospital-hgst7169e6a6390100
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A
US News List of High Performing Hospitals at https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa/lancaster-general-hospital-6231120
EOE Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Indentity/Disability/Vet